Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dear Weekend,

Where did you go?! It's Sunday afternoon and I feel like I have accomplished nothing. Planning still surrounds me, its coming along though. Yesterday was a bit of a write off, felt like I was spinning my wheels in terms of planning and got really frustrated. It got pretty miserable out during the day. The snow kept coming and the wind picked up, not technically a blizzard but close. Also, everything in town was closed for the young boy's funeral. All in all, just an off day for me. When there is a funeral in town, everything stops. If it had been on a school day, the schools would not have been open. All the stores close, and I suspect the government offices would also close, for at least the afternoon.

Today has been a bit more productive. I feel like I'm making some progress in my planning. I was able to get out with a few people to check out some igloos they made yesterday. We were planning on trying some kite-boarding, which looks like it would have been crazy fun. However, 60km winds were a bit much and it didn't work out. Igloos were cool though. I also made a trip to the northern to get some things for the week. I will try my luck at meatloaf tomorrow night. I know, exciting!

I received a reply e-mail yesterday from a speaker I mentioned in an earlier entry. I won't go into a lot of details, but it is one of the coolest e-mails that I have ever received. My e-mail could have been easily blown off, but she took the time to respond and invested herself in an interaction. If any of you ever have the chance to see Louise Rose 'perform', I highly recommend it. http://www.lrose.com/

What i'm listening to:
Its not me - Hawksly Workman
I'd Go Straight for Ridley Bent - Kate Reid
Call Me - Shinedown
What i learned today:
'... grateful that I do have the ability and the willingness to ask myself if anything I'm choosing to do today has the remotest chance of making a difference anywhere tomorrow.'
Complete the sentence:
I have been fortunate...

2 comments:

  1. ....to be able to read your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been fortunate to have great friends and family.

    ReplyDelete