Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy April

I hope you all have exciting plans for the biggest bar night of the year! Not this kid.. just chillaxing, gotta save up my energy for the rest of the weekend. I opted out of the family dance at the high school tonight ;) Today was a bit of a flop. A series of unfortunate events let me to miss the Hamlet Day games on the ice. I actually got there just as they were ending. It was a beautiful day though, and the walk was nice. I hit up the Norther store on the way home to make sure I had provisions for the next couple days. Exciting, I know.

Good Friday is a full holiday here as well. The community is essentially shut down, except for the airport. I will likely get down and dirty doing some planning to make sure I am ready for the next couple weeks (only 10 teaching days left). Saturday, Sunday and Monday are filled with fun community events for everyone. There is a seal hunt, pancake breakfast, igloo building, snow sculpture contest, skating dance, family dance, tobogganing, dog team races and much more. If the weather holds up, it should be a pretty awesome weekend. I'm trying to figure how I can get in on the seal hunt. For real. I know, coming from the farm kid who has never hunted anything but gophers, this must seem weird. Actually the seals from the hunt will be used for the community feast on Sunday.

My carver friend came to visit today with some ideas for my walrus tusk. I'm even more excited now. I'll be sure to post a picture when I get it!
Have a fantastic long weekend folks, eat lots of chocolate and enjoy time with your friends and family.

What i'm listening to:
You - Shelby Starner
Tomorrow Morning - Jack Johnson
What i will be listening to - the new Greg MacPherson album! s..l..o..w..l..y.. downloading :)
What i learned today:
There is reason why i only watched one season of survivor.
Complete the sentence:
I am still enchanted by

5 comments: