Thursday, March 18, 2010

-39

Yup, that's right, -39(with windchill). Did you know that -40 Celsius is the same as -40 Fahrenheit? While all of you are in your cars or on your bikes thinking damn you sloppy slushyness (or, oh no the red river is rising again), this guy is soaking up the sun and crisp fresh air of the f%&kin arctic! Who's jealous now?!

12 hours of daylight here today. Kinda cool. I'm looking forward to the really long days, mostly for the experience than anything. Not sure what I'm going to do this weekend. Its supposed to be cold, -27 tomorrow, -24 saturday, -26 sunday but sunny every day. I may bundle up and do some exploring. There are a couple things in walking distance that I'd like to get to. The Inukshuks that look over town and Cemetery Hill are both just easy 1/2 hour walks. Maybe I'll find some extra motivation to get some planning done.

Any questions anyone?

What i'm listening to:
Wedding Day - Rosie Thomas
Let It Be Me - Ray LaMontagne
The Weary Kind - Ryan Bingham
What i learned today:
$7 jar of pasta sauce - worth it!
Complete the sentence:
The best way to manage congestion without drugs is...

5 comments:

  1. The best way to manage congestion without drugs is alcohol. Lots of alcohol. Preferably Grand Marnier in a Nasonex bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best way to manage congestion without drugs is mini eggs and what jay said.

    I am going to marry Ray some day. Notice he has a beard??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr1Kxdj9Hr8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay, fantastic idea! I will opt for Rye...

    A - I may have a beard when I get home LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shel! You are literally already hard to get! You are simply not allowed to grow a beard. Plain and simple.

    I laughed a lot to that comment just now, just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheldon! I am just catching up on all of your blogging from start to finish right now and I love it!

    "While all of you are in your cars or on your bikes thinking damn you sloppy slushyness (or, oh no the red river is rising again), this guy is soaking up the sun and crisp fresh air of the f%&kin arctic! Who's jealous now?!" - absolute gold! You're a funny kid, sir.

    -Murat

    ReplyDelete