Some of you will not believe this (and some of you just won't care), I sure had to do a double take. I slept in until 10am this morning, without trying! I went to bed at 1:30 - sober - and didn't wake up once. I think it's because of how quiet it is....
Being the second day of a blizzard, everyone got the 'blizzard' out of their system yesterday. I was really surprised how busy the town was. Lots of people and kids out and about. So, I think people are tired from yesterday and sleeping this morning. There was only about 5-10cm of snow expected yesterday, and 2-5 today, but because of the high winds it is really white out there. Also fun, because there isn't much for trees, hills, or anything to block the wind, the snow all seems to end up in town. I walked to a 'table sale', like a garage sale, in the high school and there were places that no new snow had accumulated and other spots where you had to maneuver a 6 foot high drift. Forecast looks ok for tomorrow, fingers crossed!
Today I have been invited for lunch at the restaurant and then to watch 'Grandma's Boy' tonight. Mix in some lesson planning and prep and this day will be over before I know it!
What i'm listening to:
Walk Right In - Josh Kelley
Collide - Howie Day
You're The World To Me - David Gray
What i learned today:(or yesterday)
I knew coming up here would be a completely different speed to the crazyness I left, what I didn't know was how much I would enjoy the relaxed pace.
Complete the sentence:
I smile
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I smile... when I read your blog.
ReplyDeletehi shel. graham phoned today with some work news. he wonders if you can get crystal on this blog so he can communicate or you could just phone him. love dad.
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't enjoy it tooooo much!! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you are having a good experience! I as well smile when I read your blog (Sorry Hale...used your line) :)
..I am curious about the news from Graham...??
i smile knowing that i don't have to go to practicum for a whole week.
ReplyDelete