Wednesday, March 10, 2010

First day in Iglulik

Hey all,



or, hey hun, as you are my only follower so far...



First full day today, had a bit of a headache, but everyone was really friendly and seemed excited to meet me.



Thought I`d start off with some of the major differences between here and home. #1, its SO freaking white up here. It has been snowing, and you cannot tell the sky from the ground or notice any drift in the ground. Crazy! #2, still winter here.... -14 today, and that`s warm. Normal highs are around -26. #3, First language is Inuktitut, not english. The kids are already trying to teach me, kinda cool.

Well, this may be a short one today... i`m pretty beat.

What am i listening to: silence and skidoos

What did i learn today: kids are kids, gotta love it

Complete the sentence: G.D. Garden lanterns...

8 comments:

  1. ...are missing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so glad you got that haley!
    geoff, are our new lights missing?

    thanks for the comments folks, this`l be a fun way to keep connected

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I saw an empty Garden Lantern package in recycling~~~I'm not as good as Haley with the movie quotes....:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..I thought it stood for Geoff Dodds' Garden Lanterns.....:-p

    ReplyDelete
  5. what the heck are you guys talking about??

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe...funny~~~:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. garden lanterns are a symbol of status in Transcona

    ReplyDelete