Today was another inservice day. Was kinda interesting. I wore green... likely the first time ever that I have wore green on purpose for this silly day (actually changed when i remembered what today was, and did you know the original colour associated with this day was blue?). Then I found out that teachers are supposed to also wear green tomorrow to classes... anyway, I hope all of you are enjoying your green beers, and for those of you in CW, hope you are enjoying the laughs.
I bought my first Inuit art yesterday, a soapstone polar bear. Its pretty cool, made from unique greyish soapstone from the Arctic Bay area. I tried to take a picture to show, but the reflection off of it doesn't work, and its not bright enough for no flash. Anyway, hope y'all aren't expecting souvenirs, holy expensive batman-and this was bought directly from the artist. The Co-op in town sells a wide variety of 'things' made from local 'mediums' (bone, soapstone, ivory, etc) but they are about 3-5 times more expensive than buying direct from the artist.
Well folks, I should be lesson planning for tomorrow... have my first evaluation on Friday and need to have a lesson plan ready to go for it tomorrow.
What i'm listening to:
Missouri - David Nail
Spirit of a Storm - Kenny Chesney
Glitter in the Air - P!nk
What i learned today:
cold fx doesn't pack itself...
Complete the sentence:
There you are, sitting in the garden...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Let me know if you need anything sent to you!
ReplyDeleteThere you are sitting in the garden, farting and picking your nose?
I am now delirious and should officially go to bed.
You should be listening to this. It makes me smile and think of sophia and dorothy. you know this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H9wyVKZi8U
tara showed me this. it's effed.
http://www.vevo.com/watch/playlist/lady-gaga-beyonce/87244#0
xo
There you are sitting in the garden eating all my tomatoes.
ReplyDelete