Good morning everyone. I hope you all have fun packed weekends planned. As I mentioned the other day, I am going to do some more exploring and get some planning done. The other student teacher - Ali - and I are likely going to do a walk up to Cemetery Hill. It's exactly what it sounds like. Also, if the weather stays good, we will likely go up Innukshuk Hill for a nice view of the area.
Had my first evaluation yesterday, I guess it went well... haven't got any feedback from it yet. The lesson was based around the students teaching me what they know about Igloolik and the Island. Next week, I'm going to be taking on Math, Spelling, and Gym, on top of the S.S. and L.A. that I am doing right now. I think for Gym, we're going to go skating at the arena.
Not sure if I mentioned that I got a tour of the Research Lab, also referred to as the mushroom lab. If you do a google search for Igloolik, you'll figure that one out. It's the lab where most of the wildlife techs work, including Guillaume who I live with. We got a really good tour of the Polar Bear research stuff that goes on. Its very cool. Bottom line, don't trust everything you hear from American media about Polar Bears
Well, have a great weekend everyone. If I find anything interesting I'll let you know... apparently there's been a bear hanging around close to town.
What I'm Listening to:
Happiness - The Fray
Bicycle Tricycle - Rosie Thomas
Walking on Broken Glass - Annie Lennox
What did i learn today(or yesterday):
Things can be weird - just go with it.
Complete the sentence:
17 is the number of...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 is the number of times I had to tell a certain little boy to sit up and eat his breakfast!!!! He finally had to go to his room.
ReplyDeleteFun filled weekend planned with 3 little boys, dirty laundry, messy house, and a few more tiles to cut for the kitchen floor.
Bye for now.
Mom
17 is the number of new guys I met at a social last night.
ReplyDeleteI hope you're weekend is going well! Mine has been great so far. I was at a social last night for a wedding that I'm maid of honour for. I helped decorate and I helped clean up. I was going to say that 17 is the number of hours that I was awake yesterday, but in reality I was up for about 20 hours yesterday... I slept pretty much all day today.
sarah the rockstar! i like it :)
ReplyDeleteMom, looking forward to seeing the floor!
I love it Sarah!
ReplyDelete17 is the number of hours i have probably wasted staring into space this weekend, trying to plan.
Garrett and I had a few drinks Friday. he had no idea you were in nunavut. I shook my head at him.