The weekend is here! And with perfect timing, there is a blizzard. So not looking like there will be much exploring this weekend. There was a group going to go to the flow edge on Sunday, which I'm told is about 10 miles away. The flow edge is where the winter ice meets the open sea. This is where a lot of hunting happens. However, the blizzard looks like it is supposed to keep up until late Sunday. I'm hoping it is done by Sunday, because myself and the kids are really excited about Monday's trip. The plan has been changed a bit though. It looks like we will now be going to a place called Igloolik Point, which is on the other side of the island. AND, half the class will be pulled by two Dog Team! Very exciting. That's not facetious either, I'm really excited about it!
Guillaume, the fellow I'm living with, organized a poker game last night. There were 7 of us. I did pretty well in the first game, 3rd last out, but just out of the money. The second game didn't go so well.
Anyway, I'll do my best to keep you posted how the weekend progresses. Might go buy myself some walrus tusk.
What i'm listening to:
Pride (In the Name of Love) - U2
Country Comfort - Keith Urban
What i learned today (yesterday):
Trust your instincts.
Complete the sentence:
I've found, I'm scared to know
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hi shel. keep up the blog. the longer the better i read it faithfully every day. dog team sounds exciting. hope i can find someone to show me how to send this.pictures are great. love dad.
ReplyDeletethanks dad! i appreciate this even more knowing how long it would have taken you to type it!
ReplyDeleteI've found, I'm scared to know how much weight i have gained from eating bags and bags of mini eggs in the past month.
ReplyDeleteoh, also...do you have to move again?!
ReplyDeleteand do you have a mailing address? message me it!
nope, don't have to move anymore
ReplyDelete